I think it was a movie that made the whole bucket list phenomenon a thing. The literal listing of your to do wish list to extremes before ones final trip to glory. There are Pinterest board to support the dreamy ideals and blogs to read.
I am a true listing person. I have a list for groceries, things to do, chores for son, homeschool, and the list of lists goes on. . . 🙂
Dreams are a good thing. Hope is born from dreamy aspirations. I tend to keep my feet firmly on the ground and not so much in the clouds. IC has given me a different perspective on life. Life has a renewed value in the precious time and in the family departments.
My bucket list isn’t so long. It’s really more of a coffee cup rather than a bucket. I know that God has blessed me liberally and indeed I am content. If our Father calls me home tomorrow, I shall go with determination, delight, but also heavy hearted for the loves I would miss.
But, if by chance I had a few things to wish upon a star for I might begin filling my cup with these:
- Own a cozy camper for two. Not new but unique to our own antiqueness. Personal amenities, warm curtains, linens, and flare free food in the frig. – So we can take out and just go with all the comforts of home!
- Owning and operating a vintage movie theater. There is one in our lil town. I wonder how it would do- to own a working movie theater. Vintage is the brand, theme, and way. Showing family films old and a few new. Offering special day matinees for families of all ages, popcorn and peanuts. Weekend showings for teens and adults. Oh the possibilities.
- See more of TEXAS. The great state of TEXAS is my home and I’ve not seen it all. I‘d love to go further south and west. I want to see the lavender fields in bloom and the wild flowers in Gillespie County where my people are from.
- Publish a book. I do want to write one- and I’ve started one. Fiction is different than blogging real life.
- Go to Bavaria, Germany- I’ve seen pictures of castles and beautiful mountains. In a peaceful world I’d love to go see Europe and all its attractions.
- See my children marry the love of their life and begin families. I want to see them grow in the Lord- in his love and in service to him. It’s what life is all about!
Fill’in up my Cup!