Really why do I put myself through this word hula hoop jumping contest? It’s like doing school for fun and I’m not getting a grade or even $$. So, what the heck is that about?
I do wonder why I keep this up some days. It’s not because I desire fame, fortune, or notoriety. Stop laughing; I know I’m definitely not hitting on all those cylinders.. haha I have 26 whole committed followers to this blog page so why do it?
I’m so glad you asked.
- I write because it’s good mind therapy and there isn’t enough chocolate in the world.
- I write because they took away my coffee and there must be justice in the world.
- I write because it’s a great way to procrastinate house chores.
- I write because I was that weird kid with big glasses in school who loved getting new school supplies.
- I write cause I don’t think I would like to wear bright orange clothing and be forced to potty in front of everyone.
- I write because once upon a time a teacher told me I couldn’t – not to ever even try.
- I write to raise awareness about Interstitial Cystitis and Post Tubal Ligation syndrome.
- I write because it is all in my head- and other women need to know they aren’t alone.
- I write because my body is in rebellion- not my mind.
- I write because I forget- and I need to be reminded of God’s Blessings.
- I write to fight off depression when bad days start setting in.
- I write because it’s a gift from God and I want to be used of him.
I ‘m not a glory seeker. I’m not looking for a ride on the sympathy wagon. Look at Sherlock, he wasn’t born a detective. He’s working up to it. He started out as a humble ranch security dog. Hank is his hero. He’s going to be a famous sleuth someday. 🙂
I write but still don’t consider myself a “writer”. I wonder how many words you have to pen to claim that title. When someone casually asks what do you do? “Oh, me- yes, I’m a writer (while flicking your hair and acting modest). “Yep, I sit in my PJ’s dream’in up drama for my people.” Goals- You gotta have them.
Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18) KJV